OK, I know I'm copying lots of others, but based on my previous posts, I need to do this. (Plus, the first full week of November is almost over and this is supposed to be a daily thing....)
Nov. 1st I'm sooooooo thankful Halloween is over! If you want to know why, just scroll down a bit.
Nov. 2nd I have a 12 year old! I'm not old enough to have children that age. But she's started the whole leg-shaving, makeup wearing, skin care product using, all-I-want-for-Christmas-is-clothes yearning pre-teen drama! And hey, if you think watching a 5 year old's boys birthday party is hard, try taking 5 eleven year olds out to a movie and ice cream and see if you come home sane. I am thankful for her and the wonderful young woman she's becoming.
Nov. 3rd I'm thankful for a wonderful husband who tries his best to make sure his wife is happy. I simply can not wait until our Rocky Point anniversary trip this month.
Nov. 4th How lucky are we to live in a country where we're free to choose? Where we're free to worship how we want? Where we're free to vote, no matter our sex or race, for our leaders? I'm so thankful to live in this place and am proud to call myself an American.
Nov. 5th My first son's bday! He's such a blessing to our family and makes his parents so proud. We love him with all our hearts and are thankful he's a part of our family.
Nov. 6th I'm so thankful that after a stressful trip to the grocery store, much toddler screaming and mommy pleading, very polite and kind people holding back the comments they wanted to make to a seemingly mean mother, all the spilled goldfish crackers, the non-stop tears mixed with snot, the long wait in line where a polite cashier was trying her best to be quick, a rushed trip back out to the car to force a still-screaming toddler into his car seat........we can still come home and this little person can turn on a big smile and say, "tank ooo, Mommy" for a cup of water. (sigh) Amazingly, I still like him.
Nov. 7th I'm just thankful it's Friday. woohoo!!
Friday, November 7, 2008
November Thankful Thoughts
Posted by Jody at 1:54 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm sorry you had such a stressful trip to the store. I've been lucky so far, but I only have one child. I'm sure my time is yet to come. It's amazing how they can be so frusterating yet so adorbable in the same couple hours.
P.S. - and it sounds like he's talking more now! Or maybe just talking more clearly. Way to go E!
Post a Comment