OK, what do you get when you have a son who gets a Ripstick for his birthday and a mother who wants to try it out on the driveway in front of her two daughters and their friend?
*an accident where the mother's feet literally get pulled out from under her and she falls flat on her butt.
*where she tries to brush it off it front of this young audience by saying, "I'm OK, it didn't hurt that bad...."
*and walks calmly, but gently, into the house straight into her closet and tries to get her breath back while examining her bruised palm and black fingernail (oh, and tries not to cry because she hasn't felt pain like that since childbirth.....)
*AND THEN, when told, has a husband trying not to laugh wishing he was there so he could have taped it for "America's Funniest Home Videos".
****************************************************************************************************
Let's just say that when you have a calling at church where you stand in front of the entire congregation, it's a little embarrassing when you can't stand up or sit down without using the chair as a crutch.
Enough said.
****************************************************************************************************
Oh, and I'm thankful for strong bones. So far.
Sunday, November 9, 2008
I am pathetic. Really.
Posted by Jody at 6:20 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Oh bruised body + bruised ego, that is not fun! I love your thankful posts.
Post a Comment