Wednesday, November 5, 2008

My first boy


Seven years ago today I was pacing up and down our small apartment hallway, trying to keep those contractions coming. My previous pregnancies had been long and hard and I didn't want to get sent home again from the hospital. My mom was staying with us, trying to help with the move and with the girls after the baby was born. I just remember about this time that she woke up with Will and they were calmly and happily making pancakes for the girls, while I huffed and puffed back and forth.......up to the front door, down to our bedroom door....back and forth and back and forth......
My mom came up as the girls were eating and put her arm around me. "So, how are you doing?" I just started at her, breathing heavily. She said, "Are you alright?" I continued to stare at her feeling my belly tighten. She said, "Can you talk?" I shook my head. She said, "Is it time?" I nodded vigorously. All (blank) broke loose! She yelled to Will to start the car and get my stuff, she called Lindsay and shouted over the phone to get over here, madly started to clean up the kitchen while Will frantically got the girls dressed, all the while chastising me for not letting them know sooner of the state I was in. Hello?!!! I couldn't talk!
After a couple hours at the hospital and 1 1/2 pushes later, Noah James Rogers arrived! He was my easiest labor and delivery and was born with the same amount of white hair he has now. I was so excited to have a boy and his daddy couldn't stop the buttons from popping, he was so proud!
He's my smartest, kindest and most creative son. He soaks up knowledge like a sponge....some of his favorite things to do is look through encyclopedias and watch Planet Earth on the Discovery channel. He loves to help out others at school and has been known to include all of the handicapped children in his class. He doesn't like to leave others out and is always looking for ways to offer service. He's getting baptized in a couple weeks and I can't believe we'll have cub scouts in our home for the first time! (and not the last.....) But even though he's known as the annoying little brother to his sisters, we love this little mini-Will and want to say happy birthday! We love you, bud!

2 comments:

Dave & Chels said...

Happy Birthday Noah! I keep forgetting that his birthday is so close to Riley's. (Oh yeah - Happy late Birthday, Ry!) I love that he loves watching Planet Earth - that's my kind of boy!

Rogers said...

Happy birthday Noah! I can't believe you are 8!