I have to share my best memory of my mother. And I know it should be when I was baptized or when she was in the temple with me the first time or any of the births of my 5 children. But this one is simple. It's in the dark recesses of my mind, so it has to be my earliest memory. I don't remember details. But I know I was young, young enough to be laying against my mother's chest. It was very quiet. The light was low and soft. I remember a window being right next to the chair she was rocking me in. And she was singing softly, "My Heavenly Father Loves Me". It has always been my favorite primary song. I think just because it's been imprinted in my mind as being sung by my mother. I can't listen or sing it now without being overcome with emotion. It's my ultimate comfort song and I've sung it many times to all my babies as I rocked them to sleep.
So Mom, I hope you had a good day. We love you and can't wait to see you next week.
My Heavenly Father Loves Me
Whenever I hear the song of a bird, or look at the blue, blue sky,
Whenever I hear the rain on my face, or the wind as it rushes by,
Whenever I touch a velvet rose or walk by our lilac tree,
I'm glad that I live in this beautiful world Heavenly Father created for me.
He gave me my eyes that I might see the color of butterfly wings,
He gave me my ears that I might hear the magical sound of things,
He gave me life, my mind, my heart: I thank him reverently.
For all his creations of which I'm a part.
Yes, I know Heavenly Father loves me.
6 comments:
Jody- You made my birthday complete! And made me cry. You've never shared this w/ me and it's the most treasured present I've been ever been given. Thank You - I love you dearly!
Mom
You do have a sweet & wonderful mother! What a great tribute to her!
Happy birthday Jody's mom. You don't look 55. you look much younger and that really is the truth you look great!
Don't feel bad, but Mom actually just turned 56.
Sorry, Mom. I done love you!!!!!!
ok, I feel sheepish.......
fixed it. still feel dumb.
Post a Comment