Monday, November 17, 2008

Noah's Baptism & some other stuff

I was a great day! And it turned out better because we were all told that it was just going to be our ward with the 3 boys for this morning session. So it was a chapel full of our family and fellow ward members. The stake primary pres. used to be on our ward, so it was wonderful to have her there. Things like this really make you appreciate your ward family. We love ours and have made so many friends throughout the years.







This is my new kitchen window "mistreatment". It's fabric, glue-gunned to hem it ($5.29), window ring clips ($4.99 for a package of 12), upholstery tacks ($1.29) and two curtain tassels which were on sale at JoAnn's for 50% off. I think it turned out pretty good. Definitely better than my other curtain where the rod had broke a long time ago and the fabric was waaaaayy out of date. This was so easy and I don't think I'll ever buy another rod again, just because there's so many ways to use fabric and upholstery tacks.

This is the "pretty organizer" box my friend made for my birthday. She's started a new business (http://prettyorganizedpalace.blogspot.com/) where she shares cheap, easy ways to organize your home and life. You can buy these boxes on her blog, she's got a big selection. I love this box and got the ultimate treatment seeing as she knows the colors of my house and my style.

A view from the top. Thanks Stace, I LOVE it!

5 comments:

Dave & Chels said...

CUTE box. I've been thinking that I need cute decorative things that can double as furniture/hiding things places in my living area. Cute family picture, too. Way to go for getting baptized, Noah! That is exciting stuff.

Rachel said...

I love the curtain, I need good ideas like this for my house! It turned out very cute.

Rogers said...

I am sorry we were not able to make the baptism. You have a cute family.
I love the box. How fun.

Agnes said...

I want a window treatment just like yours... I love it!

Ali said...

Too cute Jody - love the box & mistreatment. Nothing like a little beautifying to make a gal happy. ;)