Whew! (big sigh) Our sweet dog is finally home! She's doing good.........tired, but good. You know.....kinda how you'd feel 3 days after major surgery! She's on some strong pain meds & some high doses of antibiotics, but they're all for the good. I think it's comforting for her to be home in her own bed, even if she's a little sore. The kids have been lectured to leave her along & let her sleep so she can get completely better. Unlike how they always treat her like a canine pillow & playmate! Eli can't understand why he can't share her kennel like he's always done. We keep having to pull him out so Cassie can lay down comfortably. He doesn't like it, obviously. We have to take her back to the vet for a while so they can monitor her blood levels and check her heart. I guess they heard a slight murmur when she was getting checked out on Thurs. They said it's normal for after a blood transfusion and it should go away soon. But here's some pics......I know she looks very tired and worn down, but it's such an improvement from where she was just a week ago. We're very grateful she's still with us! We love you, Cassie!
"OK, this is the best I can do right now......just hurry up with the camera!"
(sigh)".......OK, I thought we were done......"
1 comments:
Oh, in that top photo she looks so sad! It actually looks like she's frowning. I'll bet she's glad to be home. She's such a cute dog.
Post a Comment