You all know how much of a climber Eli is. The poor child has enough physical evidence to prove it (don't tell CPS). I really do watch him, but if he's somewhere where I know he'll be OK if he falls, I don't worry too much. (like the grass covered hills at the park, or standing on the coffee table, or if he trips and scrapes a knee, etc.) Well, because of this and the fact that he's the last child, I tend to be too relaxed about his safety. I've come the conclusion that the kid just wants to know everything that goes on around him and if that means he can't see it, well then he'll find a place to view things better (never mind the danger factor). Lately his favorite place has been the kitchen counter space where the phone is, all the pens, scissors, keys and Dad's chapstick is kept. And better yet, the garbage can is right where he can use it as a perfect ladder to get on top of the counter. Exactly.
Well, I found him today right there just hanging out, making sure everything is right where it should be and trying to decide what he wants to get into. I had to take some pictures because Gabe (I guess) convinced him to wear one of his baseball caps. You have to know, Eli never wears hats (blocks his vision, I guess). But he looked so cute with the cap on sideways, just hanging out, scoping the landscape:
"I know, Mom, but look! Dadddy left one of his grout stain brushes up here and I really want it." (Notice how he balances on the edge of the counter......I should freak out about it, but I know he'll crawl down)
"Eli....smile for Mom!" (yeah, right......I'm lucky he's even staring into the camera, let alone smiling)
4 comments:
That hat picture is so cute. He is such a cutie. I'm glad I'm not the one having to monitor all his whearabouts. I'm close to that stage, just check out my new post. Oh, we have a problem with Bent & the garbage can, too. Except he opens it and pulls things out. (And sometimes eats stuff. I promise I am a good mom.)
Man, I just looked at those pictures of him again and you can tell that him & Bentley are related! Crazy. We sure have cute kids. :)
Those pictures are great-kids are so funny with their own unique personalities. My bella is a climber too, using her toes and the door pulls of the cupboards to get up on the counter so she can "help momma"!
He's getting SO Big!
I had not seen your floor yet, I like it a lot! Sad thing is I live closer than most I need to come visit!
Post a Comment