I don't know what everyone else did, but we had a pretty relaxed Easter. We decided a couple of years ago not to make it a huge, present-filled holiday (as we've done in the past), but to focus more on the meaning of the day. So we fill up some eggs, have a little hunt and then leave little baskets with church-related things in them: books, scripture markers, bookmarks, pictures, etc. And as usual, even though we say we won't go overboard with the candy, we always have leftovers. So the kids had chocolate and sugar for breakfast on Easter Sunday.
But it was a nice day. We had wonderful lessons and music.....we've got an awesome ward and lots of talent. I think every year I learn more and my testimony grows about the surety of the gospel. I'm constantly reminded how blessed we've been, how lucky we are for our friends and family and the responsibilities we have living in these latter days. It makes me more humble, more faithful and eager to learn more about the Savior.
"Humbly I lay claim upon the Atonement of Christ. I find no shame in kneeling down in worship of our Father and His Son. For agency is mine, and this I choose to do!"
-President Boyd K. Packer
4 comments:
Jody - your family looks darling and I LOVE the quote from Boyd K. Packer!
Your family is so darling, I especially love the tow-headed boys! You sure grow cute kids in AZ!
They all look so good! The girls are getting so old!I hope you had a good Easter!
Post a Comment