Lots of you know about the Nielson family here in Mesa, Stephanie and Christian who were in a horrific plane crash and have been recovering in a burn center. Their 4 children have been cared for by Stephanie's family in Utah. Well Mindy Gledhill, who is a good friend of Stephanie's, held a concert this past weekend at Mountain View High School to raise money for the Neilson's recovery. I don't know if you've heard of Mindy, but she is one of my all time favorite LDS singers. Her voice is absolutely amazing and gives me chills when I listen to her. I wanted to go, but had too many things going on last Saturday. But during the concert, the Nielson's oldest 2, Claire and Jane, were invited by Mindy on stage to sing a song their mother sang to them all the time. Here's a link to Stephanie's sister's blog, Courtney (who is caring for the kids), who put a link from this part in the concert. It's the most heart-wrenching, sweetest, most innocent lullaby I've ever heard from two little girls.
http://blog.cjanerun.com/2008/10/slinky.html (the link to the song is at the end of the post)
(I dare you to watch it without crying........)
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
Mindy Gledhill concert
Posted by Jody at 8:19 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That was a sweet song. I have never heard of Mindy Gledhill now I will have to pay more attention to her music.
This was such a sweet video. Thanks for posting Jody.
Post a Comment