I'm sorry, but I usually post things on this blog a lot more frequently. I guess what's stopping me is that our transferring process on the camera is not working. So I have all these pictures I want to post, but I can't. So frustrating. I've been wanting to change pictures on my profile and lots of other things, but nope.
But we're still here, plugging away. Our newest project (well, really the next item on the never-ending to do list) has been re-organizing the kid's rooms. Eli is ready for a regular bed (he has been for the last 3-4 months) so we've moved all the boys into one room. We then promised Riley she could have her own room once we didn't need a "baby" room anymore. But this room's closet has all my extra things that don't have a place anywhere else. So now since it will be Riley's room, I had to move it and gut my entire closet to make more space for: my Mary Kay products, gift wrapping supplies, all my craft tools and some other small stuff. That was a small project in itself.
So then, the boys bunk beds were stacked back on themselves, Riley's old twin bed was gifted to Eli, we cleaned out old toys, combined clothing space in the closet and dressers and have slowly been getting all the boys used to being in one room. A friend is going to help me clean up the old paint job and we'll add a chair rail and some framed pictures. But as for getting adjusted, Eli's done pretty good. It takes him a bit to settle down, but he loves being with the "big boys".
And seeing how Ry's b-day is coming up, we thought this was a good birthday gift: her own room. She got a new bed, new (but donated) dresser and desk, and a new bookcase. She got to pick out a new bedspread, lamp and mirror. We'll paint the walls sometime in the near future, but for right now she's in heaven!
Well, we didn't want Meagan to feel left out (and most importantly, try to convince her to keep the same color scheme so I don't have to paint another room). So she got a new bed, too, a day bed that completely matches her personality. She got a couple other new things (a new lamp and a cute beanbag chair) This old furniture in the girls room they've had since they were toddlers. I figure we've got our money's worth out of them, so they were given a blessing and demolished. Meg got a new dresser and bookshelf, too, and loves having all the room for herself!
Whew!
So the next big job: our room. Again, it's been one of those "storage" areas for things that don't have a place of their own. But we know we need to get the storage bins, old books, various movies, cds and other electronic equipment out of there. Also, after completely gutting out the kids rooms, I now have a pile of old clothes, shoes, baby blankets, toys, etc. the size of Mt. Everest. So as soon as my father-in-law gets here, we're going to load up his car for a trip to the D.I. We can then concentrate on paint and some other decorations to finish our room. I mean, we've been here for going on 8 years.......I think it's about time to finish our room, right?
So, on top of school, church (Noah's baptism is Nov. 15th and Riley turns 12 Oct. 30th-here she comes Young Women!) we have to start getting ready for Thanksgiving, where my parents and Josh & Nell will be here, and then start some serious Christmas shopping. This time of year is soooooo fun, wouldn't you agree? :o) (wink)
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
Posted by Jody at 8:10 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
It always feels good after the work is done. Happy birthday to Rylie! Noah is 8??? really??? wow time flies! I love the holidays it sounds like you will be busy having fun!
(I tagged you--ck my blog out.)
Wow you've been busy. Those projects sound fun though and fun for the kids.
Post a Comment