You know, I talk to many friends & family who have teenagers, and to be honest, I'm a little apprehensive about dealing with them when my kids get to that stage. And to make it worse, I feel that since my oldest is a daughter, I probably get to deal with the teenage dramas a little earlier than those of them with oldest sons. And I feel that slowly, every once in a while, I get a dose of what is to come. For instance, this morning:
**I'm in the shower & have just applied shampoo to my hair when I hear someone walk into my bathroom:
Riley: "Moooom! (insert your own whinning sound) I need you to do my hair!!"
Me: "Well dear, since it's only 7:00 (they leave for school around 7:30, 7:40....) you can either wait until I'm done or just do it yourself."
Riley: (huffing) "Why did you have to get in the shower?!! Arggg!!" (stomp, stomp, stomp, stomp then door slams)
With soap suds running down my face & body, I had to keep myself from laughing. You would have thought you were talking to someone who was late for work, had a presentation to make & just got caught in dead-stop traffic. "Yeah Mom, how dare you get into the shower without consulting me first? Now the world is about to enddddd.......!" I think it's good that I can laugh at it right now, because I know in a couple of years (or probably less) it won't seem so funny anymore.
Monday, February 4, 2008
It begins.
Posted by Jody at 8:42 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Jody-sorry to burst your bubble, but it starts with boys around 11 too. I go through similar situations with Ashton. Why didn't I know what he would need me to do 5-10 minutes in the future??? Good Luck!
Post a Comment