Friday, February 22, 2008

I love Fridays, but I hate right now.

Do any of your kids reach the melting point at about this time of day? You know....right between the hours of 4 -6pm when it's nearing bedtime (but not quite), they're tired, bored, worn out (but awake), prone to fussiness, whining, fighting, yelling, trying to communicate, "Mom-entertain-me-and-feed-me-and-relax-me-and-don't-put-me-down-and-pay-attention-to-me-and-only-me-and-don't-ignore-me-and yadda, yadda, yadda...."?

We've had a very sick family all week & I'm tired of eating vitamin C for every meal, wiping running noses, washing my hands no less than 20 times a day, listening to the coughing all night long, dolling out antibiotics, Motrin, Dimatap and other drugs on a hourly basis & just plain sick of being a nurse with no breaks. So right now I've locked myself in my bedroom listening to the activities (or should I say fighting) going on downstairs. My girls got home from volleyball practice and I told them to play with their brothers until I say stop. They gave me these questioning stares as I'm walking (almost running) to my room. It's Friday.....I want to go out but Will's going to be late, I have no clue what to do for dinner (a Friday habit) and am counting down the minutes until bedtime (2 hours and 2 minutes away). Aaaaahhhh....."Calgon take me away......now!"

Anyone else have this happen on Fridays? Cuz I have to tell you, it would make me feel a lot better if I knew I wasn't the only one......:o)

2 comments:

Beth said...

we reach the melting point almost everyday at that time so, no you're not alone! Hope your evening improves

Rachel said...

Oh I am seeing echoes of my own life in your post...except with my post-pregnancy hormones there would be tears streaking down my cheeks! At least it helps you appreciate the quiet sweet moments.