Saturday, June 16, 2007

We're home!!

We just got home from our fun family reunion in the Oak Creek Canyon. We stayed at this quaint, little campground just south of Sedona called Lo Lo Mai Springs (thanks for the tip, Jill!) It was SO neat! We played, swam, ride bikes, hiked and mostly just hung out together, seeing as our whole family doesn't get to do it very often. We went on the West Fork Hike along the oak creek which was absolutely gorgeous! There's a reason why it's on the 10 best hikes list in the US. Now, I'm sure that Josh and Chelsea will be posting too and I think Dave even got some videos of some pool performances and other funny antics that is only common to our family! :o) But we got home first (everyone else is still driving...) so I get first dibs on some glimpses of our family in action:

Riley and Meg having fun in the creek by our campsite. (and Marisa, too. :o)

Typical Gabe.....takes alittle time to warm up to things. Such a shame....the beautiful background deserves a smile. But pretty soon.....

He was just as wet as the other kids and having a great time!

Eli loves the water........he would have sat there all day and watched the kids......

and eaten river rocks, too!

And, then of course, is my fish child. (Will calls him Aqua-man) And even though he's not right here, I think he spent more time under water than above during the entire reunion.

Here's Aunt Chelsea with most of the Rogers kids and Christopher. Seeing as Chels did about everything the kids did, we think she's still a kid herself!

A view of Oak Creek from the campsite. I think it's one of the prettiest places in Arizona (even though it was unnaturally warm.....it was in the 90's most of the week.)

The whole Bennett clan in front of our cabins! We all wished we could stay longer, but I think that happens with every family reunion. :o)

2 comments:

Dave & Chels said...

I'm glad you already posted because now I can post the pictures you didn't post. Does that make sense? Anyhow, I am also reminding you to post your spaghetti recipe. :)

Jill said...

It is truly "heaven on earth" there! It looks like you had an awesome time!!!! I can't wait to hear all about it!