I thought the beginning of last year, with 3 in school all day, was a pain to get ready for. Well, it's nothing compared to getting FOUR all-dayers ready. Man.
And I was so ready to be prepared ahead of time. Our school secretary did a graph-type supply list for the whole school which they posted online that was a great idea, especially when you have more than 1 kid. Problem was, it didn't have quantities, so you didn't know how many folders or dividers or glue sticks each grade needed. But we did the best we could, grateful for the easy-to-read list. Well, then we have Meet the Teacher night where you can talk to the actual teacher and they let you know what the students need. Funny thing?......the online supply list was almost completely different than what the teacher's lists were! It figures. So instead of making ONE Walmart trip for supplies, we made like, 8 trips total and I'm sure by the end of today, they'll all be bringing home another list of crap they need. Will and I joke that we should be buying stock in Walmart, Costco and Target.
Oh, and if anyone needs spiral notebooks, binders, rulers, pencil boxes (mmm....is that it?) we have a supply for you. Honestly, I guess I'm a little ahead for next year........
Monday, August 4, 2008
(sigh...) Ah, first day of school
Well..........first day of school. Riley was on the phone for the last 48 hours solid talking to friends and discussing hair styles, Meagan has an outfit layed out for the next 2 weeks and keeps preening in the mirrors, Noah got up at 5:30 and was dressed, breakfast done, teeth, shoes on and watching TV by 6am, Gabe needed to be woken up, help dressing, urged on to finish his oatmeal, and then running around like a crazed monkey, and then there's poor E who wants to do everything his siblings do and can't understand why he doesn't have a backpack, too. Yes, typical first-day-of-school morning in the Rogers household. 
All the kids wanted to ride the bus but I wanted to drive Gabe so he got to where he's supposed to go. But he wanted so badly to go with the kids, so we waited at the bus stop together. He's pretty happy to be going with the gang instead of staying home with Mom again.
Posted by Jody at 8:50 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I can't believe most of your kids are in school full-time now. I'm preparing B for nursury, and that seems like a big deal to me. (Which is going to be a huge problem if he keeps flipping out the second I leave a room...) I'm sure Eli will come to like having you to himself for most of the day. Or maybe it will go just the opposite. Good luck with that.
And I can't believe Ry is going to be going into YW soon - isn't she still like, two?? Have fun with THAT, too. :)
(Someday when you are past this stage and I am starting to go through it, you will be able to laugh at me.)
I can't imagine 4 kids in school...full time. What are you going to do with all your free time?? We are going to have 2 in school 1 in pre-school. You go woman! Okay that was such a lame 1990's phrase...oh well.
Crazy how you only have 1 kid at home...I guess you had to deal with mostly babies all around you at one point too :) I'm just jealous!
I thought there would be more free time with the kids back in school but it doesn't work that way your list of things that needs to be done gets longer. I can't believe how the kids are growing up! They all look perfect and ready to go.
Post a Comment