Saturday, June 21, 2008

Pioneer Woman's Mac n Cheese

I tried another P.W recipe yesterday. Oh. My. It was sooooooo good! I had some leftover shredded chicken from tacos the night before which I added to it. Such a yummy dinner! You have to try it!

Some of my tips: (which you can ignore or not :)

*I didn't add the jalapeno because I'm a wuss (as PW says) when it comes to spicy stuff. I found it spicy enough with the pepper and chilies.

*I added at least 1 1/2 c. of the cheese, maybe even more.

*and I added around a half to 1 teaspoon of salt and lots of pepper. I feel that pasta needs to be seasoned a lot.




P.W.’s Spicy Macaroni & Cheese

4 cups cooked macaroni or cavatappi

1 tablespoon olive oil

1/4 to 1/2 finely diced red onion

Equal amount diced red bell pepper

1 finely diced jalapeno

1 4 oz can chopped green chilies

1 cup frozen corn

2 to 3 cloves garlic, chopped

1 cup cream

1 generous cup grated Pepper Jack cheese

2 tablespoons butter

Salt & Pepper to taste


Boil pasta until al dente. In a large skillet, add olive oil and saute garlic and vegetables over medium heat for a couple of minutes. Add in canned chilies and stir around, then turn off heat. Drain pasta and add it to skillet. Pour on cream, add cheese, then add salt and pepper to taste and stir gently. At the end, add 2 tablespoons butter and stir again. Check seasonings and serve.

Serve with juicy steak, with grilled shrimp, chicken, or on its own.

It’ll change your life for the better.

Love,
Pioneer Woman

3 comments:

Kendra said...

YUM! This is on my list to try, and now try I will!

Dave & Chels said...

I've been eyeing that recipe for a while, but just have never tried it. You've convinced me - it is on the menu for this week. I mean, how can that NOT be good?

Agnes said...

Looks yummy! :)