Tuesday, May 13, 2008

What in the.......?

I hope everyone had a good Mother's day. It was pretty low key here.......Will's great about watching the kids and cleaning up. It's his planning that's a little off. He has good intentions, but holidays and birthdays seem to creep up on him. "Oh, today is Mother's Day?" "Yes, dear." "Oh.......well, alright........let's see......hey kids! What should we do for Mom today?" Yeah, that's Will for you. I love my hubby and I know he appreciates me for my "job"!

Well, Noah didn't go to school on Friday because of the Father/Son camp out and I guess they were making Mother's Day presents to take home. So he comes home yesterday, runs in the house with his hands inside his backpack. He then pulls something out, shoves it in my face and says "Happy Mother's Day, Mommy!"


Now, I'd like to challenge any other mother out there who can beat this present:


I kind of jumped back when I saw it and just stared. Noah said, "Mommy, it's a grass hair doll!" OK, let me describe it: the bottom is a decorated empty yogurt container. You then take a roll of pantyhose, dump some dirt with grass seed in the bottom. You tie it up, wad the pantyhose inside of the yogurt container and put water in it. The pantyhose soaks up the water, watering the seed, and grass will grow out of the "head"......alas: hair! You decorate the head with a face and with proper watering and some sun, you soon will have a little doll with bright green hair! (you can already see some "hair"growing.......poor little thing.....it's one thing to be a guy with thin hair, but for girls, that's hard)

Let's just say I've never seen a project like this, but I give it to Noah's teacher for being creative. She must have a green thumb. I have to say she is an older teacher and she just may have run out of ideas at this point in her career and is just trying to be as unique as she can. She's very sweet though and the kids love her.

Anyway, again I hope all the mothers out there had a good day. Heck, I got to lay in my bed most of the day and read my awesome new book.......that's a GREAT day for me!

5 comments:

Dave & Chels said...

Wow. That's a little frightning.

Agnes said...

It does look a little scary, I would of jumped back too...My neighbors and I were going to get our kids together at the park to make them...It was in the Family Fun magizine not too long ago, around Easter. Still looks crazy though :)I want you to post pictures of it as it starts to grow hair...I want to see what it looks like! :)

Beth said...

What book? I'm always looking for a good read.

My kids made these at cub scout day camp. They loved them!

Rachel said...

What book are you reading? I would love to know any good recommendations!!

Jody said...

The Host....Stephanie Meyer....remember Beth? I'm around chapter 20 and it's SOOOOOO good! A little confusing the first pages, but then you get really into it.