Thursday, May 22, 2008

Trying to savor my last hour......

The kids get home from school in about an hour. Like.....home......for. the. summer. I'm not sure if I'm relieved or stressed. Seeing as how I'm trying to brace myself before the "rush", I think I'm a little stressed. It seems like most moms I've talked to are glad for the relaxed schedule, no activities to run to, no busy mornings. But for me, it's time for the "Summer schedule" to start. I know I've said this a lot, but my kids aren't homebodies. They like to have things to do, places to go, people to see, etc. So I have to have a plan for every day or I'll hear the dreaded, "I'm bored! There's nothing to do!" And I swear, if I hear that.......even once.......I'll lock myself in my room for 10 weeks.

So, I've got a pretty good grip on what we'll be doing. It's just the change of schedules that I don't like. I have to have my own time during the day where I don't clean, change diapers, cook, plan, answer phone calls or run around for things. That's the time that seems to disappear during summer break. Oh well....it has to come sometime. And one plus for this year.......I have my own babysitters! It's SO nice! So I guess that's one small thing I can look forward to.

Well, I need to eat something before it all "starts". Wish me luck and pray I'll still be in good spirits by August.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

It sounds like you are in for a crazy summer. ANy plans to visit the couv? I saw your parents a few weeks ago-so fun!

Agnes said...

Wow..school's out already?! The school year flew by!