So he was planning for Mother's Day! My previous post was talking about Mother's Day and my odd gift from my 7 year old (which, by the way, is slowly growing a nice green head of hair! It's so cute.....I'm gonna post pictures of it soon). But I had written that my husband has the best intentions, but that he doesn't plan very well.
Well, OK......a couple months back.......I had said that I really would like a sewing machine for Mom's Day and that maybe we could look together so I could find what I'd like (hint-hint, poking him in the ribs). And I really didn't want him spending thousands (or even 7, 8 or 9 hundred) dollars on one. He said, "Well, maybe. I'll think about it." Well, we didn't talk about it at all since then. My mom came here for a visit about a week ago and then I hinted again that "....hmmmm, it would really be nice to have a sewing machine while Mom's here, so she could help me out." (hint-hint, poking him in the ribs again). She was coming the week before Mother's Day and if any of you know my mother, she is the QUEEN of sewing. Will still didn't say anything.....I started to think that maybe he bought one already and just wanted to play dumb until that Sunday. Well, my mom came and went. Then Mother's Day came and went. And no sewing machine. I was sad. I finally sat down with him that Sunday and even though I was very grateful of what he did get me, I tried to pry it out of him about why he didn't get me sewing machine.
(**Now, a quick side note about Will: He likes to surprise me with gifts. I'll tell him what I want and he used to say, "Hey! Don't tell me what you want! I want to surprise you." I always wondered how he was going to surprise me if he didn't know what I wanted. But I've figured out about my one-of-a-kind husband is that he likes for me to think that he can get me everything I want without any requests from me. It's his way of showing me that no matter what, he knows exactly what I want without any help. I LOVE him for this! Over the years, he's figured that every once in a while, it's a little helpful to ASK me what I like so his surprises are good. My birthdays and Christmases are always good because he does like to shower me with gifts.)
Anyway, when we were talking, he said he had looked everywhere for sewing machines and just could find anything. He had done his online-store, looking around during his work breaks at stores and looking whenever he had the chance. He finally got so discouraged that he stopped looking. He said he was SO angry that he couldn't get me this gift and he felt so bad about it. So then we got on ebay, bid on this great machine that I guess are supposed to be one of the best brands out there. We found out 3 days later that I got it! A brand new Janome/New Home machine for just over $100. ($102.50 to be exact, minus the shipping). Yay! I want my mom to come back now to show me the ins and outs of it (and to help me with this HUGE pile of clothes and fabric I want to start). Needless to say, I'm waiting anxiously for my big delivery........it's so hard to wait! It should be here in the next couple of days, so I'll update you all when I get it. (and maybe show of some of my "creations"! Though I really can't compete with Kendra and her cute bags. I'm determined to make one of those, too.......)
Sunday, May 18, 2008
I'm so excited!
Posted by Jody at 8:15 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
oooohh, im excited to see what you make! it looks like a nice one! happy mother's day to you!
Fun! that'a a really good Mother's Day gift!I'm glad you got something you really wanted.
Lucky! Isn't it great to find NEW things so cheap online? Will did good.
Post a Comment