Now isn't this every mother's dream? Right place (kind of) and right time. I love it when this happens! They're SO much happier when they get a good nap!
We had a WAY exciting weekend (yawn.....) We've been meaning put in grass with a sprinkler system on the west side of our house for a while. When we built our house, we happened to start on a day they were having a "sale" on some of the properties. We got a double-sized lot (1/4 of an acre) for free. (And a backyard that can fit 3 pools, a big yard and probably a nice-sized garden, too. But think we've done that yet? No.) So basically, we have A LOT of extra space on the sides of our house. Will was going to just pave it all the way into the backyard, but seeing as it's now almost 8 years later (gasp!) and we're craving some nice, green grass, he's now decided to fill it in with some extra yard. And everyone knows who lives here, this means digging trenches in the rock-hard Arizona clay for the pcp pipe.....not fun. But as Will was starting the process, using a trencher for the digging, it was so funny to watch my boys. They were absolutely entranced watching Will use the tool. I had to take some pictures of them watching their father. It just goes to show that the fascination with men & tools starts at a very young age:
3 comments:
Such cute "boy" pictures. That's so funny how boys are attracted to big machines. I see that in Bent, and he's only 1! Eli is getting so big. I love the picture where he is laying on his stomach in the dirt. If he's gonna get dirty, he may as well do a good job at it, right? Sometimes I don't even know why I wash B's clothes, honestly.
They're so cute and remind me of my boys. They have to be involved in any project Derek does.
They are so cute-all boy-diggin in the dirt, watchin dad with the big tools-what more can you ask for??
Post a Comment