Sunday, April 20, 2008

Eli is 2!

Eli's bday was yesterday (the 19th) and I really still can't believe how fast time goes by. It seems to go faster with each child. I remember being in the delivery room in labor. It really was pretty peaceful and quiet. I had just got my epidural (can't imagine having a baby without it), my mom was there, quietly watching TV, Will was falling asleep in the armchair. I was so comfortable.....heck, I had done this so many times, it just seemed so easy. At about 2am, the nurse came in, checked me, my mom woke up Will after a good nap and we were ready to go! I pushed 2 and a half times and he was here. The nurses and doctor gave him an Apgar score of 10. They said they had never given that to an infant before.....he looked so good! But it just seemed like yesterday......

Well, it was a pretty low key day. I made him a cupcake caterpillar, made spaghetti for dinner (his favorite) and he opened a new Nerf dart gun, a mini baseball mitt and ball and a toddler Radio Flyer scooter. The scooter has a wide platform and 3 wheels to help keep balance. He put on his mitt and tried to hold his new dart gun and ride his scooter at the same time. It was so cute! But knowing us like you do, of course we didn't get any pics of him with his toys, just eating dinner, which was pretty funny:


Nothing fancy, just simple. After he blew out the candles, he went straight for the M&M eyes and nose. He loves M&Ms!



He didn't want his hat at first. He kept taking it off and throwing it on the floor. You can't make that kid do anything he doesn't want to do.





But finally when he saw the others kids wearing the hats, he kept his on. Mr. Stubborn!

5 comments:

Jill said...

Love the cake Jody! Soo cute!

Dave & Chels said...

That's so funny how he was riding his new bike while trying to hold both toys at the same time. Classic. Also, as for "you can't make this kid do anything he doesn't want to do"? That is Bent to a T! And it all started at Steph's house. (Accompanied with shrieking.) Great timing, huh?

Rachel said...

Eli is so cute, and I love your catapillar cupcake! Sounds like he had a fun birthday.

Suzie said...

that kid is adorable.
Way to go, mom.
You're obviously doing things right.
Keep it up.


roses? It snowed here today. :(

Agnes said...

* Happy Birthday Eli *

Wow, seems like you just had him...he's a cute kid!