Sunday, December 2, 2007

The Christmas stuff is up! (a little late....)

Well, after a week of plastic storage bins laying out all over downstairs, a tree up but with no ornaments, glue guns and touch up paint cleaned up and put away, the Christmas decorations are finally finished. I'm usually done the day after Thanksgiving because Will is always home and we just work, work, work until it's all up. But this year we decided to go shopping on Black Friday (together!) to get a good start on the gift situation. Which I don't regret (we're basically done with presents which is a MIRACLE for us!) and it's nice to have more time than usual in December to get other things done besides shopping. But the downside was that the house was a wreck for a good week with boxes of decorations everywhere. It was driving me crazy.....I always like to have as much time as possible to keep Christmas stuff out. But now it's done and I can sit back for a little bit. It was fun because I had a few new walls to put stuff up on (we're done with our closed-off "office" downstairs......what a relief!) But now the fun part is trying to keep Eli from breaking any more tree ornaments or nativity pieces! Ahhh, the joy of almost-2 year olds!

My nativity. I've had it for years & I love it because it's not too guady, just simple.

My Christmas village.....it's a little hard to see. The big Santa screen behind is a present from Will a couple years ago. The little tree to the right is a Homemaking craft from my very first ward. It lights up and my kids love it.

Some other stuff I've had for years. This is one of my "new" walls. Yay, more space!

Our stockings. We got them before Eli, so Will and I use our very first stockings we got as a wedding present.

A very bad angle of my tree. It was hard to get the whole thing in. But you can kind of see my modge podge of different ornaments.....from homeade to expensive antiques. I love finding pretty ornaments!

My new wreath from Costco. It's HUGE! We almost couldn't shut the door. I hope the plastic hook doesn't break......



2 comments:

Sara & Saylor said...

I love all your decorations! So pretty! I love Christmas!

Dave & Chels said...

So many cute decorations. Hey, can I remind you that you have me for Christmas? And if you need any tips for what I (I mean we, of course) need, you can look at my blog and my LACK of Christmas stuff...just a suggestion...:)