Now I know to most of you, this seems like no big deal (especially to you in the Pacific Northwest). Lately, and just yesterday, the high temp. is in the 50's! (please understand, that's COLD for us.) We've had more rain in the past week than we have in the last 2 years! The kids are digging out their turtlenecks, sweaters and shaking the dust off their winter jackets. And the ceiling fans are off right now, which is extremely rare.
But this is a sight you hardly EVER see here in the valley. My kids woke up this morning and were plastered to the windows. Looking out our window upstairs, Gabe said, "Mom! Where's the church?" Even Eli was staring for a while, knowing something was different, but not sure what. I took these outside in our cul-de-sac and out my bedroom window. (Sorry if some of them aren't too clear....yes, I'm still trying to find time to explore my camera's instruction manual....): This is a view from the front yard (don't you love the pretty yellow grass? It's actually a rarity here seeing as green grass grows better here in the valley in wintertime.)
Wednesday, December 12, 2007
Check this out.....
Posted by Jody at 7:13 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Wow!!! I'm leaving my 35 degree weather to come to this??? Not sure if I want to--I was looking forward to nice warm sunshine! See ya Friday!
Hey there - I am Brittany Birnels cousing and saw that you are making homeade potpurri for neighbor gifts. I would love the recipe. If you get a minute would you e-mail me at modberenee@hotmail.com! Thanks!
Sure! I'm actually gettting the recipe from MY cousin! In fact, I'm waiting to hear back from her cuz I'd like to start the recipe card/gift tags BEFORE we get together to mass assemble. It doesn't have many ingredients and I think we're going to get the lemons and oranges at Costco and split the bill. I'm definately seeing her on Friday, so I'll try to send it to you soon after.
mmmmmmmm i loved the fog it reminded me of growing up in california. forggy days were the best!
Wow, that IS foggy for AZ. (Or so I hear. Not like I'm an expert or anything.)
I just saw that picture that Aggie posted on her blog, and I just got my hair cut almost the exact same style as yours! We can be twinners at christmas time! (Though at this rate, it might be even shorter by the time you get here, if Dave & mom have anything to do with it...I'm feeling so pressured. Geez.) :)
Post a Comment