Monday, December 10, 2007

Caught red handed!

I took these a couple weeks ago, but I wanted to show my two youngest and their secret love. We have a big tub of leftover Halloween candy in the freezer in the garage. Well, when Mommy's not looking and they can secretly maneuver a chair into the garage, open the freezer, push the chair against the shelves and reach high enough to pull down the tub, they're free to grab as much candy as they can. Well, since we got our little beagle, Tigger, she's proved to be a smart little stinker. Mostly, she tries to grab food out of Eli's hands because the little kid is at the perfect height for a beagle's mouth. Well, one morning I heard crying and then yelling, "No, No Tigger!" I pretty much knew what had happened without looking. Most of the time, they can get away with candy snatching without being caught. But Tigger had ruined this one:

"We only got one, Mommy, see?" (You'll notice Eli and Tigger in the background, Tigger eyeing the candy very closely...)

He's determined to unwrap a Now & Later by himself.....nobody is gonna help him.....

He's posing for the camera, "I know I can do this....."


"I told you, Mommy. Hmmmm.......got my fix for the day."

4 comments:

Dave & Chels said...

Wow, Eli looks like he's about 3 or 4 years old in those pictures! I'm so excited to see all your kids in a couple weeks. Oh, and I'm excited to see you and Will, too. :)
(Admit it...you're a little more excited to see Bentley than me and Dave. It's totally fine.) :)

Jody said...

Yeah, I AM excited to see Bentley. Matter of fact, I'm trying to find out a way to TRADE kids for a bit. Or maybe just give Bentley an instant brother....Whata you say?

brittany said...

jody bennett, wow! I can't believe you have five kids, that is crazy. It seems like just the other day you were hanging out with cami and i was playing with chelsea. where does the time go? your kids are adorable!

brittany said...

that is greg's blog, but i am pretty sure there is a link to julie's on there.