Well, we're here.
We haven't disappeared, although you would think it with the frequency of my posts lately. No.......just moved.
And not out of state. Not out of the city. Not even out of our neighborhood where our five children have been raised 90% - 100% of their small lives.
Just next door.
It's been a tough 8 months. Trying to make deals, asking politely, going through (what we thought were) the right channels, looking & finding professionals to "help us out", laying out all our options after many had gone up in smoke & finally finding a solution that almost just fell into our laps.
It's funny that you really never examine all your blessings until they're right there, in front of you. Or realize how much you have, materialistically & wonder why in the world did/do I ever complain about not having enough? Or how many memories are made under one roof or in one room or even in one, small corner?
But we have plans. Plans that we know are right for our family. Plans that have been made from many hours on our knees, many hours spent in holy places & many times watching our family grow to love each other more than we do now.
Our first night here we were having family scripture time & Eli wanted to say the closing prayer. It was his usual, just-turned-4-years-old-and-daddy-needs-to-help-me type prayer. When he was done (or was daddy done?) he turned to Will to hug him and say, "Daddy, weeah in ow new house!"
Yes bud, we are.
(I'm really going to try to keep my blog updated. I need to, for my sanity. And for updates......which are MANY. And to keep my mom happy. :)
Tuesday, May 18, 2010
New Beginnings
Posted by Jody at 10:53 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
how exciting! i would LOVE to help you put pics up if you need the help!
i am SO sorry and fell SO horrible that i didn't show up in friday to help you. i woke up and told jeff that i would be heading over after i dropped my kids off at school. jeff had other plans and said i could go after. by the time i got back i COMPLETELY.FORGOT!!!!! and i didn't remember until SATURDAY EVENING! i'm so embarassed! please forgive me.
About time! :) I was starting to think you were never coming back to blogging. Put some pics of the kiddos up - I haven't seen any picutres of them in forever.
I like your new house - it's really cute. Let's see some pics! (Can you tell that I really want pictures??)
Post a Comment