(6:00 pm: messy house, kids complaining, 2 year old keeps throwing Wii remote with 5 year old screaming at Wii, 12 year old ignoring pleas for help, 8 year old escaping to a neighbor's house, etc.)
(cell phone rings....)
Me: Hello?
Will: "Hi, hey I'm just leaving a stop outside of Johnson Ranch (a distance around 1 1/2 hours away from the terminal). So by the time I hook up, head back to the terminal, finish my paperwork and drive home, it'll be around 8 to 8:30."
Me: (sighing) "Alright."
Will: "So, it's gonna be a late night."
Me: (trying to keep a 2 year old off my keyboard) "Yes, I can see that."
Will: "Well, I just wanted to let you know."
Me "OK."
Will: "Alright, see you later.....love you."
Me: (silence)
Will: "Jody?"
Me: "Aren't you going to wish me luck for the next 2 hours?"
Will: (pause) "Um, well.....I love you, I'm sorry I'll be late and good luck for the next 2 hours."
Me: "Thank you."
Will: "Do you want to go to a late movie tonight?"
Me: (smiling) "Yes, thank you."
He certainly knows what to say to keep his wife sane!
Friday, February 6, 2009
Friday Night
Posted by Jody at 5:13 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
oh it just sounds familiar to me...love late Friday nights!
I can sure relate. Good luck!
Post a Comment