Tuesday, January 13, 2009

No wrongs (even for me!)

For all of you who know me and have had any chit-chats regarding decorating my house, you know that I somehow lack in my DNA the ability to do this. Give me a cute craft, no problem. Want your hair done for some special event? Sure! Need some tips or just a change in your makeup? I'm your man. Want to know which sweater you should buy? I can do it.

But, give me a blank wall with things to hang, narrow down paint chips to see what color is best for your kitchen or try to come up with a cute room for your kid? I cannot do it. I still have some big, painted metal squares (that are gorgeous) which need to be mounted on some wall and I have no clue where to put them. I have printed family and kid's portraits with frames picked out and am lost as where to display them. My bedroom walls are still white because after my best-seamstress-in-the-world mother made me a gorgeous quilt with colors and prints to die for, I still can't decide which one of those colors would look best on the walls. Just thinking of staring at a blank wall or white rooms and my palms get sweaty trying to decide what the heck to do.

I still have a Christmas decoration that I "think" looks generic enough that I can keep it up all year!!!! How pathetic is that?? Besides, what in the world would I replace it with if I took it down??????

Well, amid all the stress with dealing with my dysfunctions, my friend told me about this lady's blog. I love her. I love her style. I love her ideas about using the least amount of money to decorate. She's got the cutest ideas, the most gorgeous houses (they've lived in rental houses for the last 7-8 years) and she does it all so easily. (I love her "window mistreatments" button) It makes me very jealous. But this latest post was just the motivation I needed to tackle some decorating that my home needs.

When you have time, read it. And when you have more time, read some other posts. Honestly, she has great ideas.

http://nestingplacenc.blogspot.com/2009/01/theres-no-wrong.html

0 comments: