Sunday, September 14, 2008

sunday evening at our house

(kids are playing upstairs, actually running and screaming, but still having fun and not downstairs saying they're bored.)

Will: Jody? You better check on the kids.

Me: Why?

Will: Because they're up there screaming and running around and probably destroying our room.

Me: Dear, they're playing.......let's leave them alone.

Will: Well, I'm just telling ya....if someone gets hurt, you're taking them to the ER, not me.

Me: (sighing and rolling my eyes) I really don't think I'm gonna have to do that........let's just leave them alone.

(couple minutes later, kids still playing:)

Will: Jody? Go check on the kids!

Jody: No. Will, you're being paranoid (this is an on-going conversation with my hubby.....he's way too protective)

Will: No I'm not.

Jody: Yes you are.

Will: No I'm not.

Jody: Yes you are.

Will: No I'm NOT! (jeez, now who's acting like children?)

Jody: Will, stop freaking out and just cool it.

Will: Jody just go-

Jody: Will, I'm gonna go post this on the blog.

Silence.

5 comments:

Dave & Chels said...

Haha...that's like me & Dave, only I'm more like Will. Dave's always telling me to relax. (But I don't worry about them getting hurt...I worry about the mess I will end up cleaning!)

Anonymous said...

That was the funniest thing I have heard all day. I actually laughed out loud. You guys are awesome.

Rachel said...

Oh, echoes of the conversations we have at our house...you're going take them to the ER not me...I am rolling ont he floor.

Agnes said...

I'm the "worry wart" in our house :)

Rogers said...

That is funny! John doesn't ask me to go check he is usually playing with them and I have to tell him it is time to calm down.