Friday, September 12, 2008

Bad morning for Eli

As I'm glancing down my recent posts, it seems like I've turned into the "link" blogger. Sorry for that, especially if links bug you. There's just so much I find online or other bloggers who write so much better than me, I want to share them! But I'll try to cut down (key word is: try)

Well, this morning I went with a friend to another gym where a lot of my ward and neighbors go. It's almost the same distance away from my current gym, but I just wanted to check it out and it was free for a day. It's nice to go with a friend when you work out, not because it's visiting, talkie girlfriend-time, but just so you can come and go with someone else. Also, I think it's a good motivator and helps keep yourself consistent with exercise. Well, I put Eli in the play center where there's toys, books, chalkboards, movies, computers (for older kids) and it was pretty big, too. So he kisses me goodbye, runs off to play, I go scout out this gym, work out, get sweaty, pump some iron (wink) and was really getting into it, when I hear my name over the intercom. I go up to the front desk and they say I'm needed in the play center. I go there and Eli is hysterically sobbing! If any of you know Eli (or have babysat him) he's not a crier. He's very outgoing, very independent and usually plays really good with other kids. Well they tell me he kept climbing on the little tables and desks (which is very normal for E) so they had to give him a time out. He then started crying and wouldn't stop. I go try to comfort him, sit him by the disney movie, stop the tears and try to slowly leave so I can finish my workout. Well, me and my friend had decided to shower and get ready there at the gym. So I tried to hurry and while I was halfway done, one of the play center ladies came to use the bathroom. She saw me and said, "He fell asleep right after you left, so he's fine!" This was about 10:30, so I thought so much for a nap today. When I went to get him, he was sawing logs........deep asleep! I've always hated waking my kids when they're asleep. It makes me feel guilty that I must be doing something wrong if my children aren't getting enough sleep. But I picked him up carefully, knowing he wouldn't stay asleep, but trying to keep him in a semi-slumber. He woke up very dazed, not normal for him. On the way home we picked up something to eat and he's eating now and I'm just praying he'll take another nap........I have to get some laundry done. Besides, if he doesn't, come 3, 4 o'clock he'll be a mess! Maybe I'll get out some Benedryl.......

Anyway, don't know if I'll be going to that gym. I may try to get a guest pass every once in a while so I can see some friends, but I really like LA Fitness. Big, good equipment, not really busy, great classes and very nice and clean. And I have a feeling if Eli should ever see that play center again, he might freak out. Oh well.......I did workout today, that's all that counts! (I'm gonna be sooooo sore this weekend.......)

3 comments:

Dave & Chels said...

Yeah, there's big gym like that here too that all my friends go to & love. It has a big play/babysitting area for the kids, but B still freaks out a bit. (I swear he's getting tougher.) But it's across town from us AND expensive.
Oh, and B is SO into climbing onto tables & chairs too.

Jody said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jody said...

Actually the only reason everyone's going to this gym is because it's cheaper. But I called LA Fitness and my friend can get the same deal there w/ child care. It takes 5 minutes more to get there, but that's the only downside. Plus I think LA Fitness is nicer.