Monday, September 8, 2008

Get to work.


I don't know if any of you have heard, through the blogging world or other sources, but in August a LDS Mesa couple was in a horrible private plane accident that killed the flight instructor and put both Stephanie & Christian Nielson in the burn unit. He is burned over 30% of his body and Stephanie is burned over 80%. Will's dad is in this couple's ward in Mesa, so he was the one who told us about it. Their four children are up in Utah with one of Stephanie's sisters (Courtney). So I've been following their story and the news about it. They're both still in critical condition and won't be able to see family or their children for who knows how long. Every time I read more about them, I tear up. They're a sweet, beautiful family and it makes me so sad to see what they have to endure right now.

Courtney's blog in Provo is cjanerun.blogspot.com and she keeps the "blogging world" updated to the latest. There have been fundraisers, silent actions, massive community support and many well wishes from thousands of people.

I just wanted to share the latest entry on cjane. She's handling lots of kids, a busy house and constant worry about the lives of her sister and bro-in-law, but has a way of writing that is very comforting and strong. I love her posts. If you read this, check out other posts....it has local news about the story. And let's all pray for this family......they need it right now.

http://blog.cjanerun.com/2008/09/forgetting.html

2 comments:

Agnes said...

I've been reading her posts too...They REALLY are comforting and strong. She writes from her heart. I love it!
I knew they were hurt but until a week ago I didn't know that she was burned over 80% of her body. I hear her recovery is going to be long.They will be in our prayers---Thanks for the reminder!:)

Beth said...

I discovered it right after it happened. I pray for them every night. I can't imagine the recovery they're going to have. I truly admire her sister for all she's doing. I tear up with almost every post.