I know it's been a while since I posted, but this is the crazy time in the Rogers household. And not because the holidays are coming up........well.....that's part of the reason. But starting with Riley's b-day (the 30th), we got Halloween, Noah's b-day, niece's b-day, my b-day, my mom's b-day, Thanksgiving, our anniversary, brother-in-law's b-day, nephew's b-day........and so on and so on. It doesn't slow down until about mid-January (Will's and my dad's b-days). And then in between all that with church activities, PTO events (half of which I'm in charge of) and other life happenings, I'm sure you can all understand if I'm a little absent during this time!
But just wanted to share a cute conversation I had with Gabe the other day. He has a hard time doing things by himself (must be some 4th child syndrome), but we're trying to get him to be more independent. Well......it's a little slow in coming:
I was in my bathroom doing my makeup getting ready to head out to the school (where I spend half of my life.....) Gabe had just finished in the bathroom and was mad because I wouldn't help him put his underwear and shorts back on:
Gabe: (crying) Mooooommmm.....help me with my pants!
Me: No, son. I know you can do it all by yourself because you're such a big boy.
Gabe: NO! I can't! Help me now!
Me: (sighing) Gabriel, you are going to be 5 years old soon and I've seen you do it before and I know you can do it again...
Yadda, yadda, yadda........that's how it goes for a bit (as usual) and then he gets really quiet....
Gabe: Mom? Do you want some points?
Me: What? Points?
Gabe: Yeah, do you want some points?
Me: Who is going to give me points?
Gabe: Me.
Me: Really? If I help you with your pants?
Gabe: Yes.
Me: Hmmmm.....where do you get these points?
Gabe: Meagan.
Me: Really.......does she give them to you?
Gabe: Yes. When I do stuff for her. So if you help me with my pants, I'll give you some points.
Me: (I'm trying not to laugh) Well, what am I going to do with these points?
Gabe: If you get a lot of them, then I'll be good today!
Kids. You gotta love them!
Thursday, October 18, 2007
Posted by Jody at 3:09 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You also have to love the older siblings who teach them that. Dave has hundreds of stories where he did things like that to his little brothers and sisters. I got nothing. I was the one agreeing to be dropped down the laundry hamper just to be included. I feel for Gabe. :)
Collin is the same way when it comes to getting dressed after going to the bathroom. Don't know what to do about it either--it's a problem!!!
Post a Comment