We celebrated Meagan's birthday the Monday after the day. She had some friends over for pizza, a movie and lots of treats. Too many treats. But they had fun. Especially Meg because she knew that she'd be having her "family" part on Monday. She was getting ready to open her presents:
She wanted a chocolate cake with strawberry in the middle. (I didn't even know Costco had a choice like that.)
This was our ward camp out a couple weekends ago. We were actually really surprised they kept it scheduled, just because that was the week we tragically lost a ward member, a good friend of ours. It was a long, sad week. And all I can say is that no matter where we go....if we stay here or have to move in the future, this is the most WONDERFUL ward in the world. We all came together as a ward family to help Gina and her family and many miraculous and sweet things happened. We will all miss Jeremy so much, but we know that this family will never be alone. It's amazing that when something tragic happens, what kind of things can been done in acts of service. But again, although many of us thought this camp out wouldn't happen, I'm sooooo glad it did. It reinforced our love for each other, what good friends we all our and how much we care about each other. We had a fireside that night where jokes were told, talents were shared and enjoyed being in each other's company.
Our big breakfast in the morning.
The kids found this big tree with a huge, bendy branch that they were all hanging from. It looked like a slingshot and all the parents were waiting to see a kid fly across the campground. This is Ella, the daughter of good friends. As you can see, Ella is not afraid of anything.
According to Noah, "Mom, this was my idea." "Oh, so you built it?" "No, everyone else did."
This was a project from pre-school. The studied the letter "E" and made "ear bands". They were cute!
2 comments:
i love these pictures! everyone else just put pics of "their people" i love seeing the group together. this is the first time i have ever felt like i missed out on a ward campout...minus everyone barfing. i was glad that i went to utah though to be with gina that was for sure where i belonged. :)
I say this every time, but your kids are getting so old. It makes me a little sad. Especially Ry - I will always remember her as a 1-2 year old. I cannot believe she will be a teenager next month. She's beautiful. And tell Meg that I am jealous she got the whole set of Harry Potter - I'm one book shy! Your camping trip looks like it was a blast. It is nice to have a ward that you love.
Post a Comment