Tuesday, June 9, 2009

catch up time

Hello! Yes, it's been a looooooooong time. Sorry. I think I backed out of the blogging world when I was having problems with getting pictures posted. I know I've said that in the past, but I personally don't like blogging without pictures to back it up. But we've got a new program, I'm starting to feel comfortable with it, so I figure I need to catch everyone up on the exciting world of the Rogers family.

Um, yeah........right. So exciting.

Well, I'm gonna try to summarize the last 4 months or so in as few words as possible or I get carried away with what I'm trying to say and making sure I don't forget things and always proof reading every paragraph.........and, yeah. ANYWAY, here goes:


Riley and Meagan played volleyball again for the school this year. This is their 3rd year and they love it. Their coaches are great and they really have a good time. This is the last game. They almost won.

Riley is the second one in with her hair down.

She learned a lot this year and is really improving.

The Pinewood Derby. Noah was very proud of his first car.

Him and his dad right before the races started.

All the cars on display before the races. And that little cutie on the right is Maggie, a friend's daughter. If you could see her whole head and body, I think she looks like Buckwheat's daughter. :o)

The boys reeeeeeallly got into the races!

Again, the boys REALLY got into the races!
"The Most "Cat" Sic Hot Rod"!

We went up to Josh & Nell's for Seren's blessing. It snowed the 2 days Will was there and finally cleared up the day I left. Will wanted to get in the snowstorm action. This is on Sunday before we left for church in their backyard.

And this is the little cutie pie! I know she's older now, but what a sweetheart!


I think she looks like her daddy here.

Will getting in some much needed baby girl cuddling. He hasn't done this for 10 years or so.

This is Eli showing how much he loves his Macy.

He does this almost every day. Macy loves it.


And this is the goofball showing how to use duct tape as a fashion accessory. Oh, and the Spongebob jammies complete the look, don't you think? (we have his cousin, Christopher, to thank for those.)

Uh.....no clue what he was trying to do and/or say right here..........

This is the little pill's 3rd bday dinner and dessert. We had spaghetti with garlic bread (the Rogers family kids official meal) and ice cream sundaes.

Oh yeah, get it all in.

Meagan with her's.....

and Gabe with his (notice the shirt sleeve used as a napkin. He's a boy.)

Noah likes vanilla. plain. with nothing on it. simple man.

Father/Son campout. One of the boy's favorite trips of the year. (Will's too!)

The little league's Diamondbacks game was the same day they got home from the campout. Noah came home from camping sick, along with a handful of other boys from the ward, but he COULD NOT miss the D'back's game with Dad. Poor kid looks miserable right there. They ended up leaving early.

This is a craigslist find and I love it! I was going to paint, decided not to, and my mom helped me pick out new hardware and some fabric. I cannot find out how to rotate my pictures once I've posted them, so sorry for the sore necks. I think I'm going to get some stencils for the window corners......

Gabe's last baseball game of the season. They were the Cubs.

This is at first. He got all the way around for a score! Very rare for the little farm teams (consisting of 6-7 year olds)

The team had a pizza party at the ball park at the end of the season. Oh, there's Gabe with his glasses. That's another story for another time....... Let's just say the kid can finally see and it's AMAZING how much he was missing!



Gabe with Coach Scott and Coach Jacob

and his trophy! (with a mouth of Hubba Bubba)


Riley, Meg and Noah started on the swim teams this summer. I wasn't sure I would push them into it if they didn't want to. And after the first day of practice, they all came home not sure if they wanted to continue. But after that, it's a breeze and they really like it! It's great daily exercise, a good use of that summer vacation and they're learning how to really swim instead of just kicking their feet. This is Meagan's relay team getting ready to start.

This is Riley in the free swim.

This is Meg about to dive in. (it's hard to see, but she's on the platform to the left of a girl in a blue suit and white cap.)

Here's Noah about to start.

Right before he jumped in.

Riley with her 4th and 5th place ribbons.

Meagan with her 4th and 5th place ribbons.

Noah with his 4th & 6th place ribbons.

Currently, our Saturday mornings consist of swim meets from 6 am to around 9 am. The kids stay busy with daily practice, seeing our summer movie at the local theater once a week, hop around from pool to pool and try to keep up with our ward's reading challenge. The kids are starting a new charter school in August which their mother is absolutely thrilled about! So with getting ready for a couple small trips we're planning and shopping for school clothes, things are plugging along. I'll try to stay better at updating this thing. I know it annoys my mother all to heck that I'm bad about this. And I may not be as frequent, but know that I'm trying! Hope everyone is having a good summer so far! :o)

0 comments: