Monday, December 8, 2008

Weird.

This is one of the strangest feelings. I noticed last week that the soldering between my wedding bands had a big space in it. Upon closer inspection, I saw a crack in my band! What the.......? My wedding ring was broken! I told Will who said, "Well, let's find the warranty for your ring and maybe they'll fix it for free." But seeing as I haven't had it inspected for 11-12 years now, I really don't think they'll waive the repair costs. So I talked to a friend who recommended me to a close jeweler and I took it in. They had to cut it off my finger! A little nerve wracking, but I had some gold dust on my hand......real gold dust! Who can say that? I have to go in today to have my finger sized (I needed to wait until my finger got back to normal size, seeing as it looked like skin over bone when they sawed it off) then they'll fix it this week. But I find myself absent-mindedly rubbing my finger or drying that finger off really well whenever I get my hands wet. Just because of my thick bands, I always try to get all the water out from under it when they're wet. Just a natural instinct. But now that there's no ring there, it just feels weird. I guess they're going to fix some prongs that have worn down and clean it really well. I'm trying to decide if I want to make the solitaire band into while gold (silver). I want to keep the engagement band regular gold, but I think the silver and gold would look good together. Plus, I wear a lot of silver jewelry anyway. I just don't know the cost and this isn't a good time to plunk down hundreds of dollars right before Christmas. We'll see........

2 comments:

Rogers said...

You did it! I am so proud of you. Now Ruth won't freak out next time she see's you! Love the new blog.

Agnes said...

Sorry about your ring...hope you get it all figured out!