Wednesday, July 2, 2008

I know I'll get some protest about this....

but, hey, it's MY blog and we're supposed to be able to print our OWN views on it, right?

I was catching up on a friend's blog when I read this. It's long, but pretty informative. (now, if I may step on my soapbox.....) This whole global warming scare just cracks me up. Although I did have to get mean when the science instructor at my kids ELEMENTARY school wanted to show my 5th grader Al Gore's "Inconvenient Truth" documentary. Yeah.....I don't think so. Seeing how global warming is a THEORY and nothing more, Will asked this instructor if the next day he could come in to teach the kids about atheism and then about evolution to round out his theory curriculum. What a joke. This teacher apologized to us saying that he should have sent out permission slips first (which he didn't) Needless to say, my kids will never see that ridiculous documentary if their parents have anything to do with it. (OK, stepping off the soapbox now.....)

As I've said before, I mean no offense to anyone with my opinions. I've always known it's good to hear many different opinions before you make your own.

http://loveiswhatwedo.blogspot.com/2008/06/take-that-you-green-lefty-liberal-tree.html

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I SO agree with you Jody-thanks for posting this...

Suzie said...

Oh I am so with you on this. There are other views that have been proven that are not in curriculum. This one just bugs the heck out of me!