
Aaaarrrggg...we're right at one of the many stages every child and mother goes through. And like all of them.....painful nursing, learning the word, "No!", discovering and demonstrating temper tantrums, potty training and everything else, I know it does eventually pass and we all go on. But during the process (ie: right now) it doesn't make it any easier to suffer through. And you would figure after doing this 4 previous times, I should be used to it. Or just better at coping with it. Yeah, right.......
This sweet, precious little being is driving his mother completely bonkers. It's like he knows exactly what to do and when to it, to get some kind of reaction from me. It never ceases to amaze me how smart babies are. Almost like somewhere up in heaven, he was observing and taking notes on what his future siblings where doing to see how far they can push their mother before she implodes.
Oh, and like I was boasting before about how excited I was to only have 1 child at home for a couple hours twice a week? Well, it somehow doesn't seem like the ideal situation I was planning on. He seems not to do well without his siblings at home. Not that he's really close and chummy with his brothers and sisters when they are home (he drives them nuts too!), but maybe he depends on them to keep him busy so he won't have to find his own form of entertainment. (deep sigh....) I keep reminding myself Heavenly Father doesn't give us anything we can't handle or get through. And I feel very confident that I've listened and received confirmation about the size of my family and am fairly proud of my contribution to the world's population. Believe me, I see proof of this every day!
Well now that he's napping (that is, he's quiet.....not a sure guarantee that he's asleep, but I'll take what I can get......), I'm going to try to get some laundry done without a little person whining and pulling at my legs because I'm not holding him and working at the same time! (Man, what do they expect of us? We don't have 4 or 6 arms.......). For all of you who can relate and sympathize, wish me luck that I might make it through this day and the next, and the next, and the next, and the next..........:o)
5 comments:
that is so isaac right now! i literally walk around the house trying to do everything with him hanging on my legs! i feel your pain. even with the others here he is definitly my clingiest(sp) baby. still i can't help but smother him with kisses everytime i get the chance!
Well, at least he's cute, right?? :) That last picture of him makes him look so OLD...Bentley is getting on his knees and (kind of) pushing himself around now, and it seems so exciting until I realize he will soon be going places I don't want him to go! I miss your kids - let's trade for a day! :)
what a freaking cut kid
Dave
He meant cute, if you are wondering. :) - chels
Man, we mothers love those days! It's a good thing Eli is so stinkin cute!!
Riley's head looks so much better, although the purple just added more spice to her:) I love the pic's of her! Miss you guys! Tell everyone hola for me.
Post a Comment