Sunday, August 19, 2007

I guess it had to happen some time.....

Drama at the Rogers' household this weekend! Friday we celebrated Meagan's bday with all her favorite meals, treats for her school class, Nana's presents and the big one from her family........a new dog!! Yes, she got what she's been asking for all year, a beagle. It actually was pure coincidence how it happened.....I was visiting teaching, she mentioned she was selling her dog, I took a look and fell in love. We've always planned on getting another dog because boxers don't have long life spans and Cassie's getting up there (she'll be 8 next April). But this dog came just at the right time and Meagan literally almost wet her pants when she saw her. Her name is Tigger (Winny the Pooh) because her previous owners say she can jump as high as the kitchen counters! She's a sweetie and loves all the kids. Her and Cassie aren't quite buddies yet, but they can be near and not bite each other's head off. One step at a time.......

Meagan had her bday party on Saturday with the annual blow-up water slide and all her friends, friend's siblings, neighbors, Riley's friends, Noah's friends, her aunt and Nana, cousin, family friends and probably the neighborhood dogs, too (but I just didn't notice them). I don't think we've ever had a party for one of our kids with so many people come! But drama came right before lunch when my mom and I were just walking into the store to get ice cream and Will called me. He said, "Get home right now.....Riley just split her head open!" We raced home to find a crying Riley, blood all over her swim suit and a 3 inch gaping cut between her eyes. She had slipped on the slide and crashed head-on into one of Noah's friends, Seth. Seth also had a cut right in the middle of his eyelid about the same length as Riley's. Will and his dad rushed her to the ER to get sewn shut. She ended up having 15 stitches underneath and 4 on top. Will said after they had given her some numbing medicine and were waiting for the doctor, Riley said softly, "I've always wanted to get stitches....." Funny......none of my children have EVER had to have stitches until this! (knock on wood) And.....all this happened all about a half hour before the party was to start! Needless to say, the party was very fun even though we had a "lifeguard" posted at the bottom of the slide the rest of the day to monitor and prevent any more accidents!


Here's some evidence of the day's activities......


Seth & Riley proudly displaying their battle wounds.


Meagan & Tigger the beagle, the newest member of the Rogers' household. (with Cassie looking on....)

Blowing out the candle (with Gabe's help.....)

Those yummy Costco cakes (notice something backwards? Will put it back on the wrong way...)


Dad and Tigger during their favorite past time (Will had a long day, he deserved it!)

5 comments:

Dave & Chels said...

Riley is turning out to be like me more and more every day...:) Tell her I feel her pain. Cute dog!! Wish I could have been at that party! Looks like fun! (without the whole trip to the ER.)

Kendra said...

Ouch! is all I have to say! Looks like my emma two years ago! She sure does look happy for just getting all those stitches though! She is sweet! Hope she(and the rest of you) are feeling fine! By the way....maybe we can time our next trip to AZ to make it to the big annual bash...sounds like fun!

Dave & Chels said...

That is a ton of stitches. You carry them well. Very well. Thats a day that will be remembered for the rest of your life.

Dave

Beth said...

The stitches are beautiful! Ashton just got stitches last week on his knee (see my blog for details.) Tell her to just be glad she isn't Collin who, in his 4 years of life, has had his head stitched up 3 times!

Dave & Chels said...

By the way, I love that picture with Meagan & Gabe - you would think it was Gabe's B-day by how excited he looks!!